Healthcare from your home
Our healthcare facility is now using telehealth, or virtual appointments, to reduce the risk of potential viral transmission between healthy and affected patients at our facility. Now you can have a consultation with a clinician or the care team from the comfort of your own home.
What you will need
• A working laptop, tablet or smart phone with a front camera.
• A fully charged device, or access to power.
• An internet connection.
• Your email address.
• A well-lit space so the doctor or nurse can see you.
• A quiet space to reduce distractions.
• Headphones that connect to your device for clear audio and to protect your privacy.
You can be sure you have what you need to join a virtual appointment, by joining a test meeting at any time before.
How to join a virtual consult with your clinician
From your computer:
1. Select the Join link in your email invitation.
2. Your web browser will open a web page which will show your meeting information.
3. Enter your information.
4. Click Join Meeting.
How to connect your audio and video:
1. Choose your audio connection.
2. Set your video preference to video on.
3. Join the meeting by selecting Connect Audio and Video.
From your mobile phone or tablet:
1. Download the Webex Meetings app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. 5 minutes before your appointment, open the Webex Meeting invitation and click ‘join’.
3. Enter your name and your email address.
4. Tap the green phone icon to connect your audio. Pick to call in or call over internet.
5. Tap the video icon.
6. Tap Start My Video.
If you need help connecting your audio or video, you will be able to message the clinical staff in the chat window.